Treće izdanje Pariskog mirovnog foruma : kako da izgradimo bolji svet posle pandemije [fr]
Od 2018, Pariski mirovni forum je prilika da šefovi država i međunarodne organizacije zajedno sa civilnim društvom i privatnim sektorom rade na iznalaženju novih formi kolektivnih aktivnosti. Njegovo treće izdanje, koje se održava od 11. do 13. novembra 2020, prvi je međunarodni događaj posvećen izgradnji jednog boljeg sveta nakon pandemije COVID-19.
The Paris Peace Forum contributes to the momentum launched by French President, Emmanuel Macron, to reaffirm the importance of multilateralism and collective action. In 2020, it will primarily focus on the joint response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The main issues discussed throughout the forum will concern solutions to recover from the pandemic: improving global health governance, rethinking capitalism and making it more environmentally friendly, and ensuring that data and social media are solutions and not threats.
In 2020, the Forum will therefore focus on projects and initiatives from around the world aimed at addressing the COVID-19 crisis and improving our collective resilience.
During the Forum, the “Finance in Common” summit on 12 November will highlight the role of public development banks in reconciling the essential short-term responses to the crisis and the long-term recovery measures that will affect the planet and our societies.
To present your project during the third Paris Peace Forum, you have until Wednesday, 24 June 2020 at 18:00 (Paris time, 16:00 GMT), to submit your application.
All key global governance actors, including public development banks, States, international organizations, NGOs, companies, foundations, philanthropic organizations, religious groups, trade unions, think tanks and universities are invited to submit innovative solutions in response to the 2020 Call for Projects.
Particular attention will be paid to projects aimed at:
- Improving global health governance;
- Using and regulating the digital tools and platforms developed to respond to the crisis;
- Supporting civil society and economic activity during a pandemic.
Initiatives concerning other global governance issues will also be promoted during the forum, including those around the following goals:
- Building more robust security architectures;
- Reconciling development finance and climate action;
- Inventing a sustainable capitalism;
- Protecting the oceans;
- Improving access to drinking water;
- Making outer space safer and better regulated;
- Securing cyber space;
- Regulating the use of data and artificial intelligence;
- Advancing education governance;
- Ensuring gender equality.
The Paris Peace Forum contributes to the momentum launched by French President, Emmanuel Macron, to reaffirm the importance of multilateralism and collective action. It is built around three pillars:
- Objectives: encouraging international cooperation and collective action for a peaceful world;
- Approaches: presentations, discussions and progress on innovative, real-world solutions;
- Ambitions: enhancing, rethinking or creating new rules, standards and best practices.